Wednesday, September 1, 2010

HATS OFF TO GINA!!!

This is my beautiful daughter Gina.  Notice the carefree smile on her face.  This was before moving to Puerto Rico!  Yes, I know what you're thinking:  vacation capital of the world.  True, but the word vacation only counts when you're actually on vacation and does not describe Gina's life in any way, shape, or form.  Let me see--OK, her air conditioner does not work (try that on for size in the 100 degree humid air), the dishwasher does not work...(the bottom was corroded from a giant nest of cockroaches),  they can't use their cell phones there, they haven't been able to get Internet connection, and--oh yes, most of the doors on the kitchen cabinets are hanging off (and this is in an upscale development..ha..)!  The owners (they are renting, thank goodness...or maybe not...) left a mangy dog in the backyard which "someone" was supposed to come and get, and hasn't.  And now, the crowning item of them all---the downstairs toilet, which didn't work, was ripped out of the floor and remains to be fixed! 
Now, having said all of that, look back at that picture, and Gina remains the same Gina---still smiling, still beautiful, still "hanging in there".  Luckily, she has made new friends, has learned how to drive amid the maniacs on the road, and has learned how to get to the beach!  Did I say beach?  Oh, yes, they "have" to go to the beach every day (except yesterday when the hurricane passed over) because of the heat.  Did I mention Gina can see the beach from her back yard...(but I must mention here that Gina hates sand and oceans..it's a shark thing...)
But taking everything into account, and putting ourselves in her shoes, (the shoes that are chasing after 3 little boys running wild) let's put our hands together for Gina, a brave and fabulous woman!

4 comments:

  1. Not only am I putting my hands together for Gina, I am bowing down at her feet! No way. Absolutely no way could I handle cockroaches, no Internet, no cell phones, no AC, ripped out toilet, and still have such a beautiful smile on my face like Gina. Oh. And that little issue about the hurricane? That's what would finally do me in. Gina is my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is the Wonder Woman! Love that girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina has always been as gorgeous on the inside as she is on the outside. What a wonderful, loving tribute to her. XOXO to you both/all.

    ReplyDelete