Monday, August 16, 2010

"BACK IN THE DAY...."

    I have always been a reader--even in the womb, I think.  But "back in the day", I had to hold my book open with clips and even press down with my elbows to help keep it open. (This is because I have small and delicate hands....)   And if a clip fell off, then I lost my page.  Drats!  Lost page, lost time!  Small paperbacks were the worst, but hardcover books were difficult as well.        But clearly it had to be done.      Until!!!!!!!!: 
Six months ago, my son Dave bought me a Kindle.  Oh the joy of it!  No more clips--no more elbows--no more lost pages.  How my life has changed!  As you can clearly see, I can read (and drink..Diet of course) anywhere in the house and anywhere else with great ease.  My Kindle slips easily into my purse and then slips easily out to my small delicate hands.  And I have so many books on my Kindle.  I can change my mind and change my book at the press of a button.  (And no more trips to the store...again,  just press a button.)  I am in Heaven!  So, what do I feel like reading today?  Hard to tell, but read I will,  and with no clips to get in my way!

5 comments:

  1. OK. I'll admit it. I worship my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I can totally relate to the clip thing! I've taken to using the ginormous claw hair clippy things to hold my paperbacks open. The Kindle is the perfect solution!

    As for your last post, I'm still quite speechless about the hair job. Don't quite know what to say . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deon--You have captured it!! There IS nothing to say...except maybe "what the dang heck!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a Kindle BUT I do have the Kindle app on my ITouch and all three of my computers (yes, I am a geek). I love that I can now read ANYWHERE and that all my ebooks sync on each device so I can pick up reading where I left off on any of these devices! I read a lot more now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing we didn't have these "devices" in Rome--I might never have left my couch...humm, a book or the Coloseo? By the way, I love your photo!

    ReplyDelete