Saturday, August 14, 2010

WHAT I MEAN IS.....

When I say "What the dang heck" it is usually because someone has done something stupid, mean, or awful----- like saying something bad about my hair...do they really think I asked for this hair color!! Or parking their car so dang close to my car that I hurt myself trying to get in...(I am delicate.)  Or how about the people who invented the orange "butter" that we put on our popcorn at the movies!! What the heck is that stuff??  (OK, I know that we don't have to use it, but come on, what is popcorn without butter?)  It not only makes me sick--every time--(stupid me), but it gets on my clothes and ruins my darling skirts.  (OK, again, stupid me).  But what the dang heck, it is dark in the theaters...     So, I bet that some of you have had a couple of "what the dang heck" moments.  Right?  And if you share them, I'll feel so much better about my life.  Thanks!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I have to ponder this for a while before I post...but Jeanne, seriously....that hair dye! That is the ultimate "what the dang heck!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had one in June when I decided to dye my hair back closer to my original darker blond color. I've dyed my hair REALLY blond ever since those bright white/gray strands all around my face started showing up about 12 years ago. I chose a color close to what I thought I used to have and my hair turned a dark gray/green! So I went out with my awful hair to the local dollar store (I'm sure I frightened a few people) and bought another color much lighter and then my hair turned even more green! By this time I'm really upset and vowing never to go out in public again. I finally decided I had to go to my stylist to repair the damage I had done which cost me $75 plus tip (I tipped her well!) to put it back to the light blond I've had for 12 years. I had three dye jobs in one day! I smelled like peroxide for days...my hair still isn't over it. I finally cut it really short to get rid of all the dead hair. The bad part of all this is that this is the SECOND time I have done this. You'd think I would have learned the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle--Welcome to my world! I just never learn. And one thing that Lee has tried to teach me is to LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE. But well enough is not me.....so off I go and usually end up saying "what the dang heck!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember years ago when Gina wanted her hair just like mine? I think I had one of those crazy 80s perms at the time. I don't think she'd want that anymore!!

    ReplyDelete