Thursday, August 19, 2010

CAN'T SKIRT AROUND THE ISSUE

I wear skirts!  Everywhere and all the time.  I don't want to wear skirts but I have a serious and terrible and creepy damaged nerve...you can probably guess where it is.  So for the last 6 years I have worn skirts to the movies, to the park, to the baseball game, to the grocery store, to watch TV, to clean my house, to read my books, to walk around the block, and NOW----to physical therapy!  Yes there I am, surrounded by people in their shorts or workout clothes--and me in my skirt.  OK, I'll admit that I do have some very cute skirts.  And luckily skirts have been in fashion for the last couple of years.  But  who wants to go to the beach in a dang skirt?  Actually, I'm over being embarrassed.  I'm just sad.  Sad that my life has been reduced to hoping I can find a skirt that will resemble a swimming suit!  On the bright side, I'll never get lost in a crowd----"Mister, have you seen my wife?  She's the one wearing a skirt."  Oh, well, life is life.  And I can't skirt around the issue.  The doctors say the damaged nerve won't go away, so, what the dang heck, my skirts won't go away either.  Anyone have a skirt they want to trade...? 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I love how you are rockin' that graphic tee with your skirt! You look very sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always looked stunning. I think you were the one who made skirts come back in style! And ditto with Deon ... very sassy with the graphic tee with your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remeber changing the flat tire on your yellow Beetle...in the parking lot of the AMC Cantera cineplex...at night...in the torrential downpour of the century...with the freezing Artic winds from Hell...in your skirt?????

    And they think the pioneer women suffered? HA!

    ReplyDelete