Monday, August 9, 2010

FOUNTAIN OF LOVE!



IN MY FRONT YARD I HAVE A FOUNTAIN. A FOUNTAIN OF LOVE. IN THIS PHOTO YOU CAN SEE IT AT THE BEGINNING OF SUMMER, BEFORE ALL OF THE ROSE BUSHES HAVE GROWN UP AND AROUND IT, HIDING MOST OF THE BASE. BUT EVEN SO, I LOVE IT ALWAYS--HIDDEN OR NOT. AND WHAT IS NOT TO LOVE? NOTICE HOW THE WATER TRICKLES DOWN THROUGH HOLES IN THE TOP LEVEL. OH, IT IS HEAVENLY! AND WE CAN HEAR THE SOUND OF THE WATER THROUGH THE FRONT WINDOWS. THIS IS AN ITALIAN FOUNTAIN, FROM A GARDEN IN TUSCANY. (not really, but it could be, right?) ACTUALLY I FOUND THIS, IN PIECES, CRUMBLING IN THE TRASH OF ONE OF THE GARDEN NURSERIES IN NAPERVILLE. IMAGINE, SOMEONE WAS GOING TO DISPOSE OF THIS TREASURE! THEY PRACTICALLY PAID US TO TAKE IT AWAY, AND THREW IN THE PUMP AS WELL. LEE LOVINGLY RESTORED IT TO ITS FORMER BEAUTY, LEAVING JUST ENOUGH CRACKS AND CHIPS TO RESEMBLE THE JEWEL THAT IT IS/WAS. HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT IT IS THE SAME COLOR AS MY HOUSE/SIDEWALK! (and if you know me well, you know that color is EVERYTHING). WE HAD ACTUALLY BEEN SEARCHING FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS FOR JUST THE RIGHT FOUNTAIN. EARLY EVERY MORNING LEE GOES OUTSIDE AND FILLS IT WITH WATER. SOMETIMES HE CLEANS IT WITH A BIT OF CLOROX. AND THEN HE JUST SITS ON THE STEP AND LISTENS TO THE GLORIOUS SOUNDS OF THE WATER.   BIRDS LOVE THE FOUNTAIN AS WELL. EVERY KIND, SIZE, SHAPE AND COLOR LIVE TO SPLASH IN OUR FOUNTAIN. WE CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THEIR FLUTTERING ABOUT IN THE WATER. BUT, PERHAPS I HAVE GONE ON TOO LONG. I AGREE, I HAVE. BUT WOULDN'T YOU? SO COME YOURSELF TO SEE AND HEAR THE GLORY OF IT ALL. EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO THE FOUNTAIN OF LOVE!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I am an eye and ear witness to its beauty and glorious sound. It really is something to behold. And I love the mental image of Lee sitting for a spell to take in its grandeur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing your fountain when we got to come see you. I actually want to plant flowers just like yours in my yard. I like the European garden look you have. I was going to ask you for a list of plants and flowers if you could think of them. I bet I could find room for a fountain too!

    love,
    margo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fountain is stunning! I love that it matches your walkway so perfectly. What a find! And doesn't the fact that you didn't have to fork over the big bucks for it make it all the more lovely?!!! I also adore the overflowing flower pots on your porch--so fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanne...thanks for the invite to your entrance into blogland! Being a native of Utah....I LOVE the name! I'll never hear those 2 words again without thinking about you. Your front yard does exhibit peace and tranquility. Something that too many of us don't get enough of anymore. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanne,
    I just noticed that one of the last books you read was "Still Alice". I read that over the winter and have been dieing to talk to someone about it. It nearly killed me. I cried and cried. Nobody I know has read it (but I gave it to Jean and she's reading it now). We need to talk books sometime, not just Missionary Committe!!! Love the Blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete