Thursday, August 26, 2010

WHERE HAS THE SUMMER GONE???

Gina and the boys spent most of the summer with us, waiting for their furniture to arrive in Puerto Rico.
Here they are waiting for Grandpa to hand over his credit card!



This was



their favorite place


to survive the summer sun!


When it was too hot outside
they just "hung out" inside,


or painted


Pirate Ships!


Tyler had a birthday


and played the usual (and unusual) games.


And of course, thank goodness for basketball,


and for soccer,


and for each other!


Naturally that includes their new cousin, Siena.


And then---sadly---came the worst day of the summer.
Saying "good-bye" to Grandma, Grandpa, Naperville,
and the USA.

(I'm crying still!!)

6 comments:

  1. This is the BEST post you have EVER done! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, look at me boo hooing about my daughter in Cali while these sweet things are off to a completely different country! I'm so glad you had the summer with them before they left. And I'd bet my bottom dollar that they are glad for that too! BTW, how does one get on the waiting list for Lee's credit card? I want in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet time to spend with them. My favorite childhood memories are with my grandparents. I'm glad you get to do that ... be a part of their favorite memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a pretty dang good summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are the most beautiful little boys! I can see bits of Gina, Justin and David in all their faces. And to think that sweet, precious Gina is their mother! She's so pretty! I'll bet you all had a ball the whole time. The house must have been awfully quiet when they left. Maybe someday I'll get to meet them and see Gina again. You all are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle--Gina would just love to see you...feel like a trip to Puerto Rico?? Lee and I are going for Thanksgiving--can't stay away any longer--just hope it will be a little cooler by then. Yikes, if it's not!

    ReplyDelete