Friday, August 6, 2010

OK---I'LL TRY TO BLOG

My friend Lisa has been wanting me, for a long time, to start a blog.  And so this morning I just said, (what I'm often known to say),
 '' WHAT THE DANG HECK!  I'll do it".
But I'm finding out that this is not for dummies!  After spending the whole morning with me Lisa was only able to find me a background that I liked and a photo that was not damaging. 
 (I'm the dummy--not Lisa!)

About the background:  I am books!  Books am I! I couldn't have a day without reading. A book--well now it is my Kindle--and a Diet Pepsi,---could it be any better?  As a young child, and as a teenager, my mother had a Coke, popcorn (or warm bread) and my books waiting for me when I came home from school.  So even before homework, this was how I could unwind and refresh myself for a little while before getting into Algebra or Western Civ.
So now, on my blog (is this really mine?) I find myself surrounded with books!

 I'm not sure where to go from here. But before I think about it, I'll just go read for a little while  and see if I can finish The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest ; there are so many more to read!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland, my dear friend. You are off to an excellent start! What a great adventure! Here's to you and many, many more posts! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started to get back into reading (other than my scriptures) and I gotta say, it is pretty refreshing! Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JEANNE, SINCE YOU LOVE TO READ AND YOU ARE FROM THE CHICAGO AREA, HAVE YOU READ THE BEST SELLING BOOKS WRITTEN BY OUR PRESENT PRESIDENT OF THE THE USA-BHO? SO WHY IS MICHELLE OBAMA VACATIONING IN SPAIN AND SPENDING ALL OF OUR DOLLARS IN THAT COUNTRY? WHY ISN'T SHE AND THE GIRLS VACATIONING ON LAKE MICHIGAN? RICHARD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aunt Jeanne!

    I just visited your blog. I found all of the buttons I was missing to do a post. When you post and are on the typing page, make sure that you are on the COMPOSE tab and not the EDIT HTML tab. From the COMPOSE, you will be able to have all of the friendly helps you need on the toolbar at the top of you post.

    Have fun!
    Love,
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more thing. Check out goodreads.com It can post directly to your blog's sidebar and show the covers of the books your are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mama Kathy--They wanted to be as far away as possible from the President on his birthday which he celebrated here.

    ReplyDelete